Sunday, September 16, 2007

Quidditch Gryffindor Hat





So here I am , it is a lazy Sunday , have been listening to some of the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Cd, don't worry I won't spoil your reading adventure. I am done with the first CD. The hat that I am working on in the video is a Gryffindor Style Hat great for watching the Qidditch game. The hat is made with Aurora 8 Karabella Merino wool Yarn and it is using the Tychus Hat Pattern, from Brooke Higgins at http://Knitty.com. The pattern is HERE . One thing is for sure, this is a very quickly knit hat. It calls for two strands of yarn, I am using one strand only and will be finishing it with a ribbing. Brooke T. Higgins is my heroine as I was searching the net for a vertical stripes hat and I found the greatest there is. I have made this hat before you can see my other samples here. Quidditch is a fictional sport developed by J. K. Rowling, found in the internationally bestselling Harry Potter novels and films. It is described as an extremely rough but very popular semi-contact sport played by wizards and witches around the world. Matches are played between two teams of seven players riding flying broomsticks, using four balls and six elevated ring-shaped goals. The game features in every Harry Potter book bar the seventh, as the series' title character, Harry Potter, plays an important position for his house team at Hogwarts. Regional and international competitions are also mentioned in the books. In the Harry Potter universe, Quidditch holds a fervent following similar to football (soccer) as a globally popular sport.


This Pillow has the Sham I got today at Pottery Barn for $8.99 from a regular price of $45.00, it is just the cover for a 26 by 26 pillow, in Linen and the price was a steal , I got three. as I needed to get my pillows dressed up. Well thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

naomi said...

The hat is looking good.

What a bargain on the pillow sham, I love deals like that.

Dragonflymom said...

Can you shop for me?? LOL

Almost two years without blogging August 2020

Life can be a bowl of strawberries when cheries are not available.   It has been almost two years since I have been in this blog.  I have s...