Friday, September 01, 2006

Fudgy Pecan Bars, 14 Quilting Fats for Me


So what do we have here? Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Pecan bars. They are sugar free, I used splenda. I got the recipe from a site on the net, but the recipe is not really complete. The author does not tell you what to do with the baking chocolate pieces that you need to make thgis great treat. Still I was thankful to find this recipe and was able to exttrapolate the necessary ingredients and instructions that needed to be added for my tasting desires. I added nutmeg to the crust it helps with the insulin sensitivity. Good thing I know how to bake, ROFL.

Idid something different with this recipe and as time goes by, I am using this ingredient more and more. Instead of 1/2 cup of melted butter I used 1/2 cup of olive oil. I like the flavor that it gave. As you can see in the upper left corner is one of the potholders from one of my exchanges this year. The recipe is very easy to make and it is full of flavor.

So talking about fats, here they are 14 fats that I got for my first quilt. I bought 13 of them on Ebay and the one in the center was given to me by my friend Calypso. I can see the quality that she was talking about, her gift is of the same quality of the pieces I bought.


So when am I going to start making this Quilt? I think that I will like to start at the end of September. I am waiting for some batting, I have one piece, I ordered another one, and will buy some more. I will need to buy the fabric for the back. I saw the perfect fabric at one store, it has some batting on it as well. I need to get more fabric for the front as well. I am expecting to have this major pieces of fabric , the front and the back, evolving as I get ready to start my Quilt. I am planning to hand stitch this quilt, I don't know yet. Maybe a combination of both methods.

The weekend seems to be interesting with lots of choices of things to do, I shall report on my adventures later on. Thanks for stopping by.

.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

The whole quilting thing has me fascinated. Are you going to purchase a quilt rack for stitching?

As for your baking, I will often substitute olive oil for butter, but did find it doesn't always work out well in some recipes. For those, I use a combination of butter/olive oil. It's all experimentation and, although I love to cook, baking is definitely not my forte.

Anonymous said...

Wait. I'm not sure you should buy the fabric that has some batting on it. This does not sound like A Good Thing.

Your fabs are really pretty. They look much brighter than that picture on eBay. You can't go wrong with an A list company like Moda. I love their "Botanicals" line.

Are you going to Quilt-As-You-Go, or wait until the whole top is put together?

I think it would be fun to do a QAL. I've never heard of one, though. Maybe for a bunch of potholders - simple blocks like the Square Upon A Square. I like the prints to show up, so I go for the blocks with the bigger pieces, fewer pieces.


Calypso

Almost two years without blogging August 2020

Life can be a bowl of strawberries when cheries are not available.   It has been almost two years since I have been in this blog.  I have s...